Shopify is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms for nonprofits and charities (and for-profits too) because it’s simple to set up. They claim to be so user friendly, that you create a live Shopify store in just a few hours.
Shopify can be an ideal platform to:
· Accept donations via social media, including one-time donations or monthly subscriptions.
· Sell and fulfill event tickets
· Sell merchandise supporting your cause online and leverage their fulfillment capabilities
· Sell in person using their point of sale (POS) integration.
· Leverage email and SMS marketing to get send updates, offers and donation links to your subscriber donors
· Send automated tax receipts
Some premium features may require an additional monthly fee.
Shopify Discounts for Nonprofits
Shopify offers discounts to qualified nonprofits and charities, including an “NPO Lite Plan” and “NPO Full Plan.”
Their NPO Lite plan starts at $9 month (or save 11% by paying $96 for an annual subscription). To create an online store, plans start at $29 per month ($312 annually).
NPO Full Plans start at $99 per month ($1,068 annually) and includes a store, shipping fulfillment (not including postage) and zero transaction fees for payments via Shopify Payments.
All plans can be started with a free 14-day trial here.